Tel: 0845 644 3862

WaterShed

images-4

There has been a lot of bad press about tumble dryer fires in the UK.

 

The BBC's Watchdog Live consumer programme has uncovered cases in which the machines have caught fire after being fixed.

 

Some 5.3 million tumble dryers under the Hotpoint, Creda and Indesit brands required modification.

 

The original defect was discovered in 2015 and has reportedly led to scores of fires since 2004.

 

In the summer of 2016, dramatic proof was provided when one machine, awaiting a repair, caused a huge tower block fire which left families homeless and needed 120 firefighters to bring under control.

 

A flat fire which killed two men in Conwy county was most likely caused by a fault in a tumble dryer. The coroner concluded Bernard Hender, 19, and Doug McTavish, 39, died in the blaze above a funeral director's office in Llanrwst in October 2014.

 

On a basic level this is a story about clearing the build-up of fluff from dryers. On a much more serious level, it is a lesson in how much, or how little, we are told about dangerous, potentially lethal, appliances in our homes.

 

The WaterShed needs no electricity. It is an eco-friendly, off-grid outdoor drying room which uses the power of the sun and does exactly the same job as a tumble dryer, without the worry.

 

YOU CHOOSE.

Latest News

You can read more about the risk of fire with tumble dryers in domestic homes by clicking on the links below:

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37572532

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-41128748

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46264363

 

Tumble Dryer Fires

Gallery

Shed The Wet

WaterShed

map-pin

Meurig Cottage, Abermeurig, Ceredigion SA48 8PP    

 

PR1